[NDS] Minecraft DS - PoC

Répondre
Cid2Mizard
Administrateur
Administrateur

[NDS] Minecraft DS - PoC

Message par Cid2Mizard » 11 juil. 2011 10:56

Smealum s'est lancé dans l'adaptation en 3D du célèbre Minecraft pour la nintendo DS, "Minecraft DS". L'adaptation en est à ses débuts mais un PoC (Proof of concept) est en ligne.

What's done so far ?
Basically what I have right now is a basic version of Classic with no saving capabilities; that means :
- ability to add and remove blocks
- basic terrain generation
- map streaming from file, meaning really big maps can be used (1024x1024 maps are fully playable)

...and that's pretty much it at the moment. Of course there's other basic stuff like collisions that's been implemented, but that's not much of a feature now is it ?

What has yet to be done
Tons of stuff. As I've previously said, my primary goal here is to get a basic but playable version of Minecraft Classic to run on the DS. However, this will only be the first milestone, as once that's done (if I ever do get it done tongue.gif) I'll be moving on to getting a basic version of survival working. I'm still not sure whether the DS can really handle all that stuff at once, but I'll try. smile.gif

What I'm working on right now
At the moment I'm trying to make an actual level generator. The terrain you can see in the screenshots were all generated with testcode so they don't really reflect what I'm going for. Basically what I'd like to do is first get mountains to look less like aztec pyramids and find a way to generate caves nicely.
After that, the big thing I'll be doing is add saving support. That's a tricky one as I'm now pretty sure writing data in real time without having any slowdowns is almost impossible... So yeah, still thinking about that. Doing a global save every X amount of time really wouldn't be hard, but I wouldn't want it to get in the player's way, so I'm still thinking about it.

Téléchargement :
DScraft POC.rar
Source : gbatemp.net

Jason
Rang 4
Rang 4

Re: [NDS] Minecraft DS - PoC

Message par Jason » 15 juil. 2011 10:47

Vivement la suite...

Brincedelu
Rang 1
Rang 1

Re: [NDS] Minecraft DS - PoC

Message par Brincedelu » 22 juil. 2011 3:27

Totalement d'accord. Bon courage Smea dans ce projet qui me fait baver. ;)

Répondre

Retourner vers « HOMEBREWS DS »